Everything you will need is either in stock, or orderable for you by our friendly staff
- Rotary cutting mats are stocked in A1, A2 and A3 sizes
- Rulers – we stock mainly “Creative Grids” rulers. We find them practical and versatile.
- Rotary Cutters A good quality rotary cutter is an essential tool. We stock 28, 45 and 60mm cutters, also replacement blades.
- We stock many items of haberdashery, needles, threads, scissors, paper pieces and much more
Wadding and Interfacings
To cater for all quilters – we have something for everyone;
- Hobbs – Heirloom®Premium Wool wadding provides superb insulation. The fibre breathes, allowing excess heat to disperse away from the body. One of the many benefits of wool is that it gives warmth without adding weight. Wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture without feeling damp. The tiny fibres trap air which creates insulation in this lightweight batt. In addition, wool batts are naturally mildew resistant and resistant to moth damage when quilted with cotton fabrics.
Perfect for hand quilting, this wadding can be quilted up to 4” apart and has excellent loft retention. Heirloom® Wool batting is lightly resin bonded to provide stability and retard fibre migration and bearding.
- Hobbs Heirloom® Premium Cotton will give your projects the traditional flat look of antique quilts without the need for excessive quilting. Cotton is a breathable fibre that provides warmth and comfort. Heirloom®Premium Cotton is easy to quilt by hand or machine and drapes beautifully.
Perfect for either hand or machine quilting this wadding can be quilted as close as ¼” and as far apart as 4”. Close quilting will be very flat, while more space between the quilting lines will yield a slightly higher loft. We also stock Hobbs Premium Cotton Bleached White.
- Heirloom®Premium 80/20 Cotton Blend is made from 80% long staple cotton fibres and 20% fine polyester. This combination of fibres creates a strong, longwearing batt and is very easy to handle.
The wadding is lightly needle punched and treated with a soft resin to provide stability to the fibres and prevent the polyester from bearding. This process makes Heirloom® Cotton Blend Batting uniquely easy to quilt by hand. This, by far, our most popular wadding.
- Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Fusible Cotton/Poly Blend wadding is a double-sided, iron-on wadding. This product eliminates the need for the time-consuming step of pin- or spray-basting and enables you to create your quilt ‘sandwich’ in no time at all!
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Fusible Cotton/Poly Blend wadding is manufactured in the same manner as our Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 (Natural) Cotton/ Poly Blend Wadding – it is lightly bonded and needle-punched for exceptional strength and durability and it’s machine-washable. We recommend this product for small quilts and quilted bags, table-runners and other small sewn projects.
- Hobbs Tuscany Silk Wadding. We stock single packs of silk wadding. 120”x120”. To fit a King sized Quilt.
- Sew Simple Supersoft Polyester Wadding. Excellent for both hand and machine quilting, this hard-wearing super soft polyester wadding with scrim has great loft and stability and brings comfort and longevity to quilting projects. 0-2% shrinkage when washed 8 to 10 inches between stitches.
Interfacings and Stabilizers
A constantly evolving supply of stabilizers and waddings to support your sewing projects.
Basic iron-on interfacings for dressmaking and an array of stiffeners and wadding products for bag-making and craft projects.
If you thought “thread is thread” – let us help you.
Our specialist cotton threads from Mettler and Aurifil are high quality, lint free threads made from 100% long staple Egyptian cotton.
Available from the finest thread weight of 60wt right up to the thickest, most decorative 12wt, we supply a range of colours that is second to none.